The freshest hash around uses locally grown ingredients to create a filling breakfast dish. This hash can be enjoyed immediately with eggs or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after prepping. Find more Farmers' Market inspired recipes in our Farmers' Market Cookbook
8 oz. turkey sausage
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 cup diced eggplant
1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
4 - 6 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread diced potato in a thin layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until potatoes have slightly browned.
2. While potatoes are baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings if necessary and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes). Transfer to plate and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1 minute).
4. Add eggplant and mushrooms. Cook until softened.
5. Add red bell pepper and cook until softened slightly (about 5 minutes).
6. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Add sausage back to skillet and stir to incorporate.
7. Spread potatoes and hash mixture in a thin layer in a walled baking dish. Create wells and crack eggs into them. Season with salt and pepper and bake in preheated oven for 10 - 20 minutes, until the eggs are done to your preference.
8. Serve warm and enjoy.