- Start with a nice ripe watermelon, (any summer melon will do) if you don't have a melon some nice plump berries work great too.
- Using a small melon-baller scoop out the melon.
- Lay in a single layer of melon balls on sheet tray and move to freezer.
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream with two tablespoons of powdered sugar (optional: add a touch of vanilla) until it peaks - Refrigerate until ready to plate
- Next, combine pistachio kernels (2-parts pistachio -1 part honey) and honey - set aside
- Next, chiffonade fresh mint leaves - set aside
- Prior to service, mix frozen melon & fresh mint.
Using chilled serving bowls or glassware:
- Drizzle pistachio & honey mixture on serving bowl or glassware
- Shave/sprinkle dark chocolate
- Spoon over frozen melon
- Top with fresh cream
- Garnish with shaved chocolate & whole mint leave