This protein-packed vegetarian meal makes use of fresh ingredients you can find at the Farmers’ Market in the early summer months. Find more Farmers' Market inspired recipes in our Farmers' Market Cookbook!
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. oil (coconut, olive or avocado)
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
5 oz. fresh spinach
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, plus extra for topping
1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
4 bell peppers
Fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook quinoa in water until fluffy, set aside.
3. Heat a skillet with oil and sauté garlic and spinach until tender and fragrant.
4. Season with basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Add cheeses, saving a little extra mozzarella for topping if desired.
6. Remove from heat and stir in quinoa.
7. Slice peppers in half, removing the veins, stems and seeds.
8. Stuff liberally with cheesy spinach and quinoa filling.
9. Top with extra cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.
10. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet, for 8-10 minutes.
11. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!